Google Translate

Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy Monday!

This is the first full five day week in a while.  I told students this morning to stay focused and up to date on their work.  We are working to get everyone signed in to Infinite Campus so that students can always check their grades and be aware of their progress.

In my support English class (2nd period) we are staring a new program with most students.  This program is called iLit20.  It is a computer based program that we will use for just 20 minutes each day.  It is reading based and is supposed to raise reading levels by two grade levels over the course of the year.  I am anxious to try it and hope that it works as promised.  This is NOT something students should work on at home.  This is for in class use only.

Lots of students are getting colds and suffering from allergies.  On the school supply list I asked for each student to bring a box of tissues.  Only one student did.  When they are gone, there will not be any tissues in my classroom.  If you are able to send in a box of tissues, it would be greatly appreciated.

It is not too early to start thinking about Parent-Teacher conferences next month.  If you would like a conference with the team (Math, Science, Social Studies, English) please let me know as soon as possible.  Also let me know if you will need an interpreter.  I am happy to arrange for one if it will make communication easier.  You can email me at debra_skarsten@plsd.us

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment