Google Translate

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Good Morning Families,

I wanted to wish each of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I am very grateful for the opportunity to work with your children this year.  This is a very American holiday and I hope that each of you find a way to make this weekend special with your family.

The 7th graders are having a fun reward day today with their team.  The 8th graders also have rewards planned, but only in the afternoon.  They will all enjoy a break from school when they get home today.

Some class reminders for my support class -

Students who are using iLit should be done with week 9 by today.  Anyone not done is already behind for this grading period.  Any assignments not turned in are marked as missing in Infinite Campus.  Week 10 is due by 12-1-17.

A few students have started assignments on NoRedInk, however, many have yet to start.  Those assignments are due by the end of the trimester, which seems far away now but with all the holiday breaks, will sneak up fast. I did just discover that the spreadsheet I was using for grades does not work the way I thought it did.  Unfortunately I will have to adjust some grades to correct them.  My sincere apologies for the confusion.  It is a learning process for me too!

Next week there will be a vocabulary quiz on 12-1 for lists 9 and 10.  Students can use quizlet as one way to practice.  The last quiz really brought the grades down for a few students who had not prepared well.

As always, please make sure your child has plenty of pencils, erasers and a working set of ear buds with them each day.  Some of my students are showing up to first period with no pencil on a daily basis.

Enjoy your long weekend.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions I can help with.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment